Operating dishwasher and storing equipment in proper place.
Maintaining a clean workspace.
Educate work therapy clients on the basics of the job.
Able to assist in kitchen prep when needed
Help sort food donations when needed.
Keep manager informed of any supplies needed
To provide spiritual leadership and guidance to students and treat everyone with dignity and respect
To represent our Mission, Vision, and Values and continue to grow professionally and spiritually
- Embody a Mission-wide perspective beyond the specific program you serve
- Remain mindful of the organization’s Mission and Vision as a filter for all we do
- Embody the Mission’s organizational values: Faith, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence
- Intentionally participate in spiritual disciplines and practices that continue to grow your relationship with Christ
- Willingly engage to resolve conflicts with co-workers, students/guests, and community partners as necessary
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills / Requirements
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 2 years work experience in a busy restaurant or health care facility. Working with homeless or a mental health facility a plus. Nonprofit experience in a faith based organization highly regarded.
Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of dishwasher exercise good judgment and make sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritize effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team, timely attendance
Special License/Certification: Food Handlers Card, Calif driver’s license
Travel/Transportation: The incumbent must travel on a regular (or periodic) basis, as the job requires. The incumbent must have reliable transportation (public transportation may be acceptable depending on the purpose of travel). If the incumbent receives authorization to use a Mission vehicle to perform duties, he or she must present a current California driver’s license and good driving record in order to be placed on the Mission’s insurance policy.
Environment: Works in a non-confined cooking and dining area which they are free to move about. Employee is expected to stay in work area when needs of job are performed. Works in an area that may have work therapy clients assigned who may have some disabilities. Physical resources may be limited and, in some cases, are donated.
- Need to be flexible with schedule
- Must be able to get in touch with if needed
Required Physical Activity: The incumbent may spend a majority of time sitting, speaking and listening. He or she is expected to travel on a regular (or periodic) basis, as the job requires (see Qualifications above). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please see below for further physical requirements.
- Lift minimum 30 pounds
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Drive vehicles, trucks, forklifts and other equipment (current licenses required)
- Work around equipment and machinery
- Walk on uneven ground
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to extremes in temperature, humidity or wetness
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
This position is part time. 20-29 hours per week
No phone calls please.
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted. If attaching a cover letter, please combine resume and letter in same pdf before uploading.
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Part Time