Facilities Technician will serve the Mission as a whole, and as a member of their specific team, Technician will report to department Director. This position is a non-exempt position that provides support, safety and, and encouragement while partnering with students toward successful Program completion of Job Training assignments.
- To maintain Mission facilities in a clean, orderly and functioning condition.
- To provide spiritual leadership and guidance for Mission students/guests
- To represent our Mission, Vision, and Values and continue to grow
- professionally and spiritually
To maintain Mission facilities in a clean, orderly and functioning condition.
- Paints facilities and residential units as needed.
- Maintains building, performing wall patching, and other related maintenance activities.
- Assemble and move furniture (must be able to lift fifty pounds).
- Install pictures, white boards, and other items in offices.
- Cautions residents regarding misuse of property.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Cleans debris in alley and gated parking area.
To provide spiritual leadership and guidance for Mission students/guests
- Preserves a supportive work environment by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times, and works to resolve grievances; maintains professionalism and promotes a positive Mission image.
- Supports and participates in the Job Training program; assists Program staff in creating a productive, therapeutic, educational and professional environment that enables students to learn and/or develop job skills and appropriate workplace behaviors.
- Contributes to team effort by reading, understanding and supporting the Strategic Plan.
- Creates and attains individual impact goals (and departmental goals) in support of the Strategic Plan.
- Performs job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others; respects and conforms to Mission’s Anti-Fraternization and Anti-Harassment policies as well as all other guidelines regarding behavior and conduct.
- Follows both standard operational and program procedures and reports needed changes.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and trainings (unless previously excused by manager).
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive Mission information, such as client, employee and/or donor data.
Skills / Requirements
Education: Minimum high school diploma.
Experience: Minimum 2 years full-time work experience in Construction/Building or related field.
Skills and Abilities: General, hands-on computer experience with basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook); typing (min 35 wpm); coordinate and/or direct a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully; exercise good judgment and make sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritize effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team; provide information to public by answering questions and requests; regular, timely attendance.
Special License/Certification: None.
Travel/Transportation: The employee must travel on a regular (or periodic) basis, as the job requires. The employee must have reliable transportation (public transportation may be acceptable depending on the purpose of travel). If the employee receives authorization to use a Mission vehicle to perform duties, he or she must present a current California driver’s license and good driving record in order to be placed on the Mission’s insurance policy.
Uniforms: The employee is expected to wear a Mission uniform daily. The Mission will provide the uniform at no cost to the employee. However, some uniforms must be laundered at the employee’s expense. All uniforms must be maintained in a presentable condition.
This position is full time, eligible for benefits, employer pays 85% of medical, also included employer paid life/ADD and disability plan, vacation, holidays and sick pay. Dental and vision available at additional cost, voluntary benefits for life/ADD and a 401K retirement plan with employer match.
No phone calls please.
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted. If attaching a cover letter, please combine resume and letter in same pdf before uploading.
Pay: from $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time