IT Systems Technician I
To support the San Diego Rescue Mission’s personal computer systems and network, including but not limited to desktop computer hardware and software, data and voice communication lines, security access control, operating systems, Microsoft Office 365, 2010,2013 and 2016 Professional and other types of software.
Installs, modifies, test, and maintains the organization's data communication network equipment: Responds to end user PC issues and network problems, troubleshoots and performs repairs in a timely manner, maintains associated records detailing downtime, changes, updates, security and related information. Sets up master files and ensures accuracy and completeness of all data. Protects integrity of data using proper security controls.
Other duties may be assigned Support and troubleshoots existing personal computers and troubleshoots problems pertaining to Windows XP Professional, Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems.
To Manage the San Diego Rescue Mission’s computer network’s end users
- Creates Windows Domain user profiles using Active Directory and email accounts using Microsoft Office 365 portal.
- Installs and upgrades personal computing hardware (i.e. RAM upgrades, power supplies, cooling fans, etc.).
- Provides support, troubleshooting, configuration and installation for Microsoft Office 365, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Troubleshoots Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other browsers performance and connectivity.
- Installs network print drivers and coordinates with print vendor for repairs.
- Loads and updates software applications as required (i.e. Java, Adobe Reader, Flash Player, etc.).
- Coordinate and provide relevant training to end user within the organization.
- Responds to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
To Mange the San Diego Rescue Missions computer network infrastructure
- Remains abreast of changes in user and system software and hardware requirements.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular archiving of email accounts, user profiles and old data files.
- Develop and maintain documentation for department standards and procedures.
- Monitors the life cycle of existing workstations, servers and other hardware planning and executing steps to minimize a system’s down time.
Assists with special projects involving communication needs of other Mission departments as needed
Also assists with the following technical systems:
- Telecommunication system: Addition/deletion of user accounts, installation of new phones into voice network, introduction of new hires to the physical phone, voicemail setup. (Inter-Tel Axxess PBX Phone System).
- Security system: Addition/deletion of card access accounts. (AMAG Access-Control System)
- Surveillance system: Replace CCTV cameras as they fail, troubleshoot low voltage wiring. (Geovision DVR)
Represent our Mission, Vision and Values
- Protect the Mission, Pursue the Vision and Reflect the Values of the SDRM
- Help build the TEAM and grow the capacity and impact of the SDRM
- Be intentional about developing Diversity among our staff and volunteers
Continue to grow as a follower of Jesus Christ and Spiritual Leader
- Spend time daily in the Word and Prayer
- Model servant leadership
- Pursue our values both privately and publicly
- Serve as a member of a local church
- Sharpen skills through continued learning
- Foster a coachable, approachable, humble spirit
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills / Requirements
Education: Associate’s degree preferred (can be waived with acceptable work experience). Must show proof of CompTIA A+ Certification and Comptia Network+ or MSITP Certification (can be waived with acceptable work experience).
Experience: Minimum 1 year full-time work experience as a junior systems admin or equivalent education/training.
Skills and Abilities: Extensive knowledge of information technology; considerable knowledge in the following areas: Windows Desktop Operating Systems, data and voice communication systems, office automation systems, local area networks (LAN); working knowledge of client/server network architecture and Internet/Intranet applications.
Must be able to install and maintain a variety of desktop operating systems as well as other related hardware; install and maintain desktop software; troubleshoot difficult hardware and software problems; meet project deadlines; describe complex technical systems in non-technical terms.
Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook); typing (min 35 wpm); coordinate and/or direct a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully; exercise goodjudgment and make sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritize effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team; provide information to public by answering questions and requests; regular, timely attendance.
Special License/Certification: A+, Network+ or MCITP Certification preferred.
This position is full time downtown location. Eligible for benefits, employer pays 85% of medical, also included employer paid life/ADD and disability plan, vacation, paid holidays and sick pay. Dental and vision available at additional cost, voluntary benefits for life/ADD and a 401K retirement plan with employer match.
No phone calls please.
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted. If attaching a cover letter please combine resume and letter in same pdf before uploading.
Pay: $20 to $25/hour
Job Status: Full Time