Major Donor Coordinator
The Major Donor Coordinator serves on the Development Team helping to set the agenda, coordinate major donor activities and serving the other Team members. This position is primarily responsible for consistent communication and strategic cultivation of a qualified case load of major donors. The MDC will play a key role in building a major donor campaign as well as planning strategic donor events to communicate and cultivate our major donors.
To serve as a member of the Development Team
To cultivate Major Donor relationships
To develop and implement a Corporate giving campaign
To plan and organize donor events
To represent our Mission, Vision and Values
To continue to grow as a follower of Jesus Christ and Spiritual Leader
To Serve as a Member of the Development Team
- Participate in the process of establishing an annual Development plan.
- Help set and manage the annual Development calendar.
- Monitor the Development plan and activities to ensure goals are being achieved.
- Provide leadership, encouragement and training to Development Team.
- Meet regularly with other members to discuss strategies, next steps and outcomes.
- Identify a Model Mission to learn from for coaching and “best practices.”
To Cultivate Major Donor relationships
- Assist President and Dir of Donor Development in cultivating current and prospective President’s Council members.
- Identify approximately 150 qualified donors as a MDC Case Load.
- Increase communication through donor touches to assigned Case Load.
- Responsible for a giving goal toward the overall Revenue budget.
To Provide Leadership and Support for our Corporate Giving Campaign
- Connect with Corporations to embrace the issue of homelessness.
- Increase sponsorships for Sleepless in San Diego.
- Serve as a member of the Golf Challenge committee.
To Plan and Organize Major Donor Events
- Create events and experiences to connect with our Major Donors.
- Recruit current Major Donors to host Home events for the Mission.
- Help with planning and organizing the Legacy Builder Luncheons.
Represent our Mission, Vision and Values
- Protect the Mission, Pursue the Vision and Reflect the Values of the SDRM.
- Help build the TEAM and grow the capacity and impact of the SDRM.
- Be intentional about developing Diversity among our staff and volunteers.
Continue to grow as a follower of Jesus Christ and Spiritual Leader
- Spend time daily in the Word and Prayer.
- Model servant leadership.
- Pursue our values both privately and publicly.
- Serve as a member of a local church.
- Sharpen skills through continued learning.
- Foster a coachable, approachable, humble spirit.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a Development-related field, or 2-3 years commensurate experience.
Experience: Minimum 2 years full-time work experience in a high-level fundraising position that demonstrates successful donor cultivation and contributions of major (financial) gifts. Must be familiar with the San Diego philanthropic community. Non-profit experience preferred. Understanding of drug and alcohol treatment programs preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of Raiser Edge, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook); typing (min 35 wpm); coordinate and/or direct a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully; exercise good judgment and make sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritize effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team; provide information to public by answering questions and requests; regular, timely attendance.
Special License/Certification: None
This position is Full Time Exempt min. 40 hours per week, plus Benefit package with Employer paid medical premiums, Life/ADD, STD. LTD. Available at employee contribution, HSA or FSA plan, Voluntary Life/ADD, Accident insurance, dental and vision, and 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted.
Job Status: Full Time