Marketing & Events Manager
The San Diego Rescue Mission is built on beliefs that speak to the heart. We believe this is more than a job, that it’s a calling to love our neighbors and those in need the way that Jesus would. In our programs, we create a holistic approach to recovery and rehabilitation while ensuring that our building is a safe haven for men, women and children who have experienced homelessness.
The Marketing & Events Manager is a key member of the Development team and provides marketing, communications, copywriting, public relations, and events support. This role is responsible for managing marketing operations, strengthening donor communications, and improving the Rescue Mission's brand presence through multiple channels including print, radio, telemarketing, digital media, donor communications, and events. This position is a self-starter, organized and creative individual ready to take the Rescue Mission marketing efforts and brand awareness to the next level.
To Serve as a Member of the Development Team
- Meet regularly with Development team to collaborate and coordinate ministry efforts
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to execute quality communications
- Support Development Team marketing & communications strategies and projects
- Support and assist in other Development goals and responsibilities
- Help achieve department revenue goals and team objectives
To Develop Marketing Campaigns & Communications Plans
- Assist with marketing and fundraising campaign development and execution
- Manage marketing & communications calendar ensuring regular updates
- Work with agency partners, photographers and videographers on special projects
- Develop original marketing materials from concept to completion (print & digital)
- Write graphic design briefs and manage design projects for print, website and digital
- Ensure all production deadlines are met
- Monitor, create and implement website content updates with webmaster
- Maintain consistency and excellence in our branding and marketing approach
- Track and report the impact of marketing efforts to ensure goals are reached
- Work with the Donor Services team to execute Development team projects
To Craft Content and Serve as Primary Copywriter
- Gather and curate inspiring and impactful content to be used in promoting the Mission’s unique story and brand
- Serve as the primary copywriter for marketing
- Research, collect and write program participant stories for use in donor communications and marketing materials
- Collaborate with Donor Services to create content plan for communications
- Collaborate with Social Media & Marketing Assistant in content brainstorms
To Manage and Support Special Events
- Oversee the planning and execution of specialty Mission development events (in-person and online events), event promotions and advertisement
- Develop forms/templates, checklists and procedures for events
- Support the Development team in the execution of fundraising events
- Create and track event budgets and secure vendor quotes
- Prepare event timelines and manage event logistics
- Develop event invitations, signage, promo items and marketing materials
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Mission staff and vendors
- Provide set-up, tear-down and day-of operations support
To Assist in Public Relations and Community Relations Efforts
- Support public relations activities, including planning, release editing, and interview coordination and manage opportunities during Mission and community events
- Assist in creating a public relations strategy that allows the Mission to develop its brand throughout the community
- Research and maintain a strong knowledge on the San Diego Rescue Mission and an understanding of Homelessness in San Diego
Skills / Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related field from an Accredited University or College preferred.
Experience:Minimum 3-5 years full-time work experience in marketing and events that demonstrates successful execution of projects, campaigns and events. Preferred experience in non-profit and direct mail marketing. Experience directing graphic design, working with creative professionals and marketing agencies required.
- A creative thinker.
- Comfortable conceptualizing and pitching ideas.
- Attention to detail.
- Savvy digital marketer.
- A knack for storytelling.
- Exceptional copywriting, written and verbal communication skills, with strong editing ability.
- Excellent time management, adaptability, judgment and decision-making skills are required.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet demanding deadlines, while producing high-quality work and projecting a positive attitude.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Suite, Google Analytics, MailChimp or similar email platform.
- Videography and Photography experience desired.
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
Benefits to working with us
- Competitive health Insurance packet: employer pays 85% of medical benefit premium (employee only)
- Competitive PTO policy; 11 paid holidays
- Employer paid Life/AD&D Insurance
- Employee paid Dental and Vision insurance
- Employee paid Supplemental Insurances; Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401K - 4% match, vested after 1 year
- Family culture; servant leadership
- Flexible work hours, (position dependent)
- Promotion opportunities
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted. If attaching a cover letter please combine resume and letter in same pdf before uploading.
Pay: from $67,808/year
Job Status: Full Time