Mission Academy Program Director
The Mission Academy Program Director serves as a member of the Director team and reports directly to the VP of Programs. This position provides leadership and direction to the MA staff and students and helps sets the direction and culture of Mission Academy. The MA Program Director implements changes and updates to the program that are both spiritually formed and clinically informed and embodies a servant leadership approach.
To create and sustain a safe, supportive, therapeutic, and effective environment conducive to healing and recovery
- Demonstrates an understanding and embodiment of trauma-informed practices while implementing the delivery of services (i.e., safety, trustworthiness & transparency, peer support, empowerment, choice, cultural/historical sensitivity)
- Supervises and provides leadership to the Associate Directors of Community and Student Life and the Job Training Coordinator and Alumni Ambassador Coordinator
- Focus on the overall community in Mission Academy to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Manage and oversee a progressive engagement model to assist when students’ behavior adversely effects the overall community wellbeing. Have responsibility for student discharges when appropriate.
- Continually works to improve all aspects of the environment (physical, spiritual, psychological) in order to create a safe, healing space for students
- Works to build rapport and trust with staff team to create an integrative, collaborative team to support students
- Interfaces with community resources as appropriate and necessary to secure resources for our students and support the community-wide effort to address homelessness
- Partners with the Programs Director’s team to ensure collaboration and resource-sharing between all Mission programs
To oversee administrative responsibilities of the Mission Academy
- Oversees administration of program elements including, but not limited to (spiritual training, job training, continuing education)
- Leads all aspects of the program and works with other team members to ensure students have access to appropriate internal & external resources (mental health, substance abuse, housing…)
- Exercises fiscal responsibility over program budget by planning strategically, setting objectives, developing short and long term goals and preparing for program growth, effectiveness, and success
- Evaluates outcomes and generates reports and calls to action based on data and observed trends.
- Interviews, selects, trains, coaches, and develops MA staff as a team unit and as part of the larger SDRM team
- Compiles and maintains records, and prepares necessary documentation and reports
- Assists in planning of graduations and Holiday Outreach Meals
- Collaborates with San Diego Continuing Education as needed and appropriate to ensure and support continuing education opportunities for Mission Academy
To provide spiritual and organizational leadership for MA staff
- Serves as a spiritual resource and touch point for Program participants and staff team
- Actively develops staff spiritually and professionally, including succession planning
- Supervises and provides training for staff on various issues as needed and available
- Demonstrates the integration of spiritual formation with clinical information in working with clients facing the layered complexities of trauma and homelessness
- Partners with the Clinical Administrator to meet the mental and spiritual needs of clients
To represent our Mission, Vision, and Values and continue to grow professionally and spiritually
- Embodies a Mission-wide perspective beyond the specific program you serve
- Supports and remains mindful of the organization’s Mission and Vision as filters for all we do
- Represents SDRM’s organizational values: Faith, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence
- Intentionally participates in spiritual disciplines and practices that continue to grow your relationship with Christ
- Willingly engages in conflict resolution with co-workers, clients, and community partners
Skills / Requirements
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Psychology or related field from an accredited institution, or commensurate experience (Master’s degree/commensurate experience preferred in above fields)
Experience: Minimum 2 years full-time work experience with individuals experiencing homelessness, addiction challenges, mental illness and/or dual diagnosis is preferred. Nonprofit experience preferred.
Lived experience of homelessness will count towards experience and education.
Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook); typing; coordinate and/or direct a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully; exercise good judgment and make sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritize effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team; provide information to public by answering questions and requests; regular, timely attendance.
Benefits to working with us
- Competitive health Insurance packet: employer pays 85% of medical benefit premium (employee only)
- Competitive PTO policy; 11 paid holidays
- Employer paid Life/AD&D Insurance
- Employee paid Dental and Vision insurance
- Employee paid Supplemental Insurances; Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401K - 4% match, vested after 1 year
- Family culture; servant leadership
- Flexible work hours, (position dependent)
- Promotion opportunities
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted. If attaching a cover letter please combine resume and letter in same pdf before uploading.
Pay: $80,000 to $85,000/hour
Must work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as needed
Job Status: Full Time