Mission Services Attendant (Security)
The San Diego Rescue Mission is built on beliefs that speak to the heart. We believe this is more than a job, that it’s a calling to love our neighbors and those in need the way that Jesus would. In our programs, we create a holistic approach to recovery and rehabilitation while ensuring that our building is a safe haven for men, women and children who have experienced homelessness.
Provide support in the areas of safety and security for staff in the building.
- Walk the building and the exterior of the building making sure the environment is safe and secure.
- When called upon, help staff to deescalate situations. If de-escalation cannot occur, protect the people and either manage the situation until the police arrive or escort the person off the property.
Provide oversight to Mission Services
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of the space.
- Provide customer service to those who come into the lobby.
- Breathalyze Mission Academy Students.
- Periodically check bags.
- Provide guidance to students at Mission Services with respect to etiquette and customer service.
- Assist in the receipt of donations to Mission Services.
To represent our Mission, Vision and Values and continue to grow professionally and spiritually
- Embody a Mission-wide perspective beyond the specific program you serve
- Remain mindful of the organization’s Mission and Vision as a filter for all we do
- Embody SDRM’s organizational values: Faith, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence
- Intentionally participate in spiritual disciplines and practices that continue to grow your relationship with Christ
- Willingly engage to resolve conflicts with co-workers, clients, and community partners as necessary
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills / Requirements
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree or Bachelors preferred.
Experience: Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness, Security or Military experience. Nonprofit experience preferred.
Lived experience of homelessness will count towards experience and education.
Language: Bilingual preferred
Environment: The incumbent has an open and shared office that is generally clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. The incumbent works in a residential setting, which consists of individuals who may have a mental or physical disability or illness. Physical resources may be limited, and in some cases, are donated.
- Must work evenings, overnights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed
- Must be on-call or participate in an on-call rotation (if available)
Required Physical Activity: The incumbent may spend a majority of time checking on guests, speaking and listening. He or she is expected to travel on a regular (or periodic) basis, as the job requires (see Qualifications above). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please see below for further physical requirements.
- Lift minimum 30 pounds
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Operate office equipment such as, computer, printer, telephone and fax
- Drive vehicles, trucks, forklifts and other equipment (current licenses required)
- Walk around for extended periods of time
Benefits to working for us
- Competitive health Insurance packet: employer pays 85% of medical benefit premium (employee only)
- Competitive PTO policy; 11 paid holidays
- Employer paid Life/AD&D Insurance
- Employee paid Dental and Vision insurance
- Employee paid Supplemental Insurances; Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401K - 4% match, vested after 1 year
- Family culture; servant leadership
- Flexible work hours, (position dependent)
- Promotion opportunities
No phone calls please.
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted. If attaching a cover letter please combine resume and letter in same pdf before uploading.
Pay: from $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time