Seasonal Donation Clerk
The Development Seasonal Person will be responsible to support donation processing and donor communication efforts. We are looking for an individual who is eager to learn, comfortable in a fast-paced environment and has a willingness to contribute to a team atmosphere. The individual will be working closely with our Donor Communication team.
The Development Team at the San Diego Rescue Mission is a high energy, sales minded team of fundraising individuals who are excited to serve those experiencing homelessness. The Development team is responsible for implementing the funding plan and raising the support needed to maintain and grow the San Diego Rescue Mission. It works closely with our Program staff to identify and assist in meeting organizational needs. Individuals who apply for this position should enjoy a team atmosphere and have strong communication skills but also be able to successfully manage their own workload with ease. Potential applicants should feel a strong calling to serve their community. At the San Diego Rescue Mission, we believe this is more than a job – rather it’s a calling to love our neighbors and those in need the way that Jesus would.
The Development Seasonal Person will support our donation processing and donor communications efforts.
To assist with our daily donation processing.
- Will sort donations received by the development team through the mail.
- Will assist with the opening of the donations received through the mail.
- Will put donation checks into batches and will add up the total of the checks received.
- Will help to keep the Donor Communication Office organized.
To Assist in Development Administrative and Communication Needs.
- Supports donor cultivation and communications
- Assists in daily development administrative needs as requested by Development Manager.
- Assists with special events or projects as needed by Development Manager.
Represent our Mission, Vision and Values
- Protect the Mission, Pursue the Vision and Reflect the Values of the SDRM
- Help build the TEAM and grow the capacity and impact of the SDRM
- Be intentional about developing Diversity among our staff and volunteers
Continue to grow as a follower of Jesus Christ and Spiritual Leader
- Spend time daily in the Word and Prayer
- Model servant leadership
- Pursue our values both privately and publicly
- Serve as a member of a local church
- Sharpen skills through continued learning
- Foster a coachable, approachable, humble spirit
This is a temporary, seasonal, entry level position. This position will be from October 2020 through January 2021, Monday to Friday (5 hours) per day.
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted.
Pay: from $13/hour
Job Status: Contract/Temporary,Seasonal