To assist the Controller in all aspect of finance department tasks and responsibilities for the organization as well as oversee the Accounts Payable operations.
To represent our Mission, Vision, and Values and continue to grow professionally and spiritually.
The staff accountant is a key member of the Finance team that will provide support in all aspects of accounting department responsibilities for the organization. This position will oversee the Accounts Payable operations and reports directly to the Controller. The best candidate is an individual who enjoys working with numbers, possesses good analytical skills, attention to detail, is team oriented, computer savvy and has knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Supervise the Accounts Payable clerk in processing vendor invoices, check-runs, and electronic/ACH payments.
- Handles the corporate credit card monthly reconciliation and journal entries.
- Responsible for petty cash and performs monthly cash count, reconciliation, journal entry and coordinates cash deposit via Brinks Armored Car service or takes the deposit to the bank branch office, if necessary.
- Processes monthly customer billings and deposits checks received from customers/vendors by using bank electronic system and prepares related journal entries to be entered in the Accounting system.
- Performs monthly processing of vehicle donations/sales in donor database, mails out receipt letters along with IRS Form W9 to donors and follows up for IRS 1098C qualifications, if needed.
- Manages online annual filing of IRS 1098C for vehicle donations and IRS 1099 for SDRM vendors/contractors.
- Perform bi-weekly payroll journal entries and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Processes online gifts deposited in the bank via ACHs or ATM/Debit cards in the donor database.
- Assists and provides support to the Controller during month/year-end close, account analysis, annual financial audit, budgeting process, forecasting process, financial statement preparations and other government filing requirements.
To represent our Mission, Vision, and Values and continue to grow professionally and spiritually
- Embody a Mission-wide perspective beyond the specific program you serve
- Remain mindful of the organization’s Mission and Vision as a filter for all we do
- Embody the Mission’s organizational values: Faith, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence
- Intentionally participate in spiritual disciplines and practices that continue to grow your relationship with Christ
- Willingly engage to resolve conflicts with co-workers, students/guests, and community partners as necessary
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills / Requirements
5+ years of experience in accounts payable and financial accounting preferably in a non-profit organization.
Experience using Financial Edge and/or Sage Intacct a plus
Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other ERP systems; analytical skills, attention to details; coordinate and/or direct a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully; exercises good judgment and makes sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritizes effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team; provide information to public by answering questions and requests; regular, timely attendance.
Special License/Certification: None
Benefits to working for us
- Competitive health Insurance packet: employer pays 85% of medical benefit premium (employee only)
- Competitive PTO policy; 11 paid holidays
- Employer paid Life/AD&D Insurance
- Employee paid Dental and Vision insurance
- Employee paid Supplemental Insurances; Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401K - 4% match, vested after 1 year
- Family culture; servant leadership
- Flexible work hours, (position dependent)
- Promotion opportunities
No phone calls please.
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted. If attaching a cover letter please combine resume and letter in same pdf before uploading.
Pay: from $64,480/year
Job Status: Full Time