Walk with Me Coordinator
The San Diego Rescue Mission is built on beliefs that speak to the heart. We believe this is more than a job, that it’s a calling to love our neighbors and those in need the way that Jesus would. In our programs, we create a holistic approach to recovery and rehabilitation while ensuring that our building is a safe haven for men, women and children who have experienced homelessness.
Individuals who apply for this position should enjoy a team atmosphere and have strong communication skills, but also be highly organized, detail-oriented, forward-thinking, creative, and able to successfully manage their own workload with ease. At the Rescue Mission we believe this is more than a job – rather it’s a calling to love our neighbors and those in need the way that Jesus would. The right person will have a strong calling to serve God, our vulnerable neighbors experiencing homelessness, and their community well.
About this Role
The Walk With Me Coordinator will be someone who is passionate about being part of God’s transformational work in the lives of those experiencing homelessness as well as those in the local church. We are looking for someone who is compassionate, overflowing in grace and able to relate authentically and effectively with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and cultivate relationships and partnerships with ease. Walk With Me is new to the Rescue Mission, so initiative, flexibility, adaptability and strong research, data, and organizational skills to manage complex tasks with autonomy are important in this role. Much of the needs of this position are relational, outreach-focused, and data driven.
- To coordinate and support the Walk With Me recruitment, training, and pairing process for Ambassadors (volunteers), Friends (volunteers), and Neighbors (experiencing homelessness, unstably housed, or newly housed).
- To cultivate relationships with Friends, Neighbors, SDRM Programs, local service providers, and homeless ministries.
- To foster relationships with Ambassadors and churches.
- To provide administrative support and data management.
- To coordinate key events and assist with marketing and promotional materials.
- To represent our Mission, Vision and Values and continue to grow professionally and as a follower of Jesus Christ and spiritual leader.
Skills / Requirements
Education: Minimum BA Social Work, Psychology, Human Development, Ministry, or related field from an accredited institution (or commensurate experience).
Experience: Experience with individuals experiencing homelessness, various addiction challenges, mental illness and/or dual diagnosis (2 years is preferred). Nonprofit, ministry, and/or street outreach experience preferred. At least three years' experience in a professional setting preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Suite with proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Mailchimp. Outgoing, organized, creative, detail-oriented, fast learner, confident presenter, creative problem solver, strong writing skills, internet-savvy. Able to coordinate and/or direct a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully; exercise good judgment and make sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritize effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team; provide information to public by answering questions and requests; regular, timely attendance.
Language: Bilingual preferred
Benefits to working with us
- Competitive health Insurance packet: employer pays 85% of medical benefit premium (employee only)
- Competitive PTO policy; 11 paid holidays
- Employer paid Life/AD&D Insurance
- Employee paid Dental and Vision insurance
- Employee paid Supplemental Insurances; Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401K - 4% match, vested after 1 year
- Family culture; servant leadership
- Flexible work hours, (position dependent)
- Promotion opportunities
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted. If attaching a cover letter please combine resume and letter in same pdf before uploading.
Pay: $22 to $24/hour
Job Status: Full Time