Warehouse Logistical Manager
The San Diego Rescue Mission is built on beliefs that speak to the heart. We believe this is more than a job, that it’s a calling to love our neighbors and those in need the way that Jesus would. In our programs, we create a holistic approach to recovery and rehabilitation while ensuring that our building is a safe haven for men, women and children who have experienced homelessness.
This position assists Warehouse Director in the following functions: Warehouse Manager will oversee all warehouse staff, volunteers, students, and other participants. Assists in all warehouse projects, food distribution, sorting and processing of all material and food donations. Dispatches, schedules and coordinates food and material pickups and deliveries; coordinates with volunteers and student’s projects; works directly with churches and partners with our food distribution; provides reports to Director for all donations.
- Dispatches drivers on daily routes for food, material donations, and mission pickups.
- Drives warehouse trucks loads and unloads trucks to cover for drivers routes as needed.
Loads and unloads trucks, transports pallets of materials with forklift.
- Maintains inventory of all products and food at warehouse to report PHR Director.
- Purchases all supplies for warehouse and Mission as needed.
- Maintains quality sanitary procedures for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements for the warehouse.
- Supervises all volunteers, students, and participants from other programs.
- Guides and provides mentor and spiritual support to students.
- Distributes and documents all incoming and outgoing donations, providing outcome in monthly reports to Director.
- Assists in the management of all Food Service activities, including planning, sanitary procedures, proper handling, food distribution, truck maintenance, leasing compliance and personnel utilization.
- Maintains and builds strong relations with vendors, donors, churches and other partners
- Conducts site visits to our churches and partners and engages with their food distribution, takes pictures and videos as needed.
- Oversees and schedules trucks daily, weekly, or monthly maintenance.
- Administers forklift training and certification to staff and students as needed.
- Assists in the sorting, processing, and palletizing of food and material donations as needed.
- Oversees, plans, and maintains the warehouse clean and organized.
- Maintains warehouse safety procedures and daily/monthly checklist
- Performs administrative duties such as typing, filing, excel forms, approve driver’s timecards, daily and monthly reports, and other duties assigned.
- Answers phone calls and scheduling of food or material pickups/deliveries.
- Preserves a supportive work environment by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times, and works to resolve grievances; maintains professionalism and promotes a positive Mission image.
- Supports and participates in the client work training program; assists Program staff in creating a productive, therapeutic, educational and professional environment that enables clients to learn and/or develop job skills and appropriate workplace behaviors.
- Contributes to team effort by reading, understanding and supporting the Strategic Plan.
- Creates and attains individual impact goals (and departmental goals) in support of the Strategic Plan.
- Performs job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others respects and conforms to Mission’s Anti-Fraternization and Anti-Harassment policies as well as all other guidelines regarding behavior and conduct.
- Follows both standard operational and program procedures and reports needed changes to Director.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and trainings (unless previously excused by Director).
- Works and communicates directly with all programs and departments as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive Mission information, such as student, employee and/or donor data.
Represent our Mission, Vision and Values and continue to grow professionally and personally
- Embody a Mission-wide perspective beyond the specific program you serve.
- Remain mindful of the organization’s Mission and Vision as a filter for all we do.
- Embody SDRM’s organizational values: Faith, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence.
- Intentionally participate in spiritual disciplines and practices that continue to grow your relationship with Christ.
- Willingly engage to resolve conflicts with co-workers, students, and community partners as necessary.
- Sharpen skills through continued learning.
- Foster a coachable, approachable, humble spirit.
Education: Minimum high school diploma
Experience: Minimum 2 years of warehouse work and Truck driving experience. Knowledge of city of San Diego freeways, streets, etc. for dispatching of drivers.
Skills / Requirements
Education: Minimum high school diploma
Experience: Minimum 2 years of warehouse work and Truck driving experience. Knowledge of city of San Diego freeways, streets, etc. for dispatching of drivers. knowledge of county health codes for food handling, safety, storage, and distribution. Previous experience with the homeless, substance abusers, mentally ill and/or dually diagnosed preferred. Nonprofit experience preferred. Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English).
Skills and Abilities: General, hands-on computer experience with basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook); typing (min 35 wpm); excellent customer service; coordinate and/or direct a variety of complex tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully; exercise good judgment and make sensible decisions; attentive to detail; prioritize effectively; effective oral and written communication skills; eagerness to learn and be trained; work both independently and as part of a team; Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Special License/Certification: Current Food Management Certificate from the County of San Diego. Forklift Training Certificate.
Travel/Transportation: The incumbent must travel on a regular (or periodic) basis, as the job requires. The incumbent must have reliable transportation. Must present a current California driver’s license and good driving record in order to be placed on the Mission’s insurance policy
Benefits to working with us
- Competitive health Insurance packet: employer pays 85% of medical benefit premium (employee only)
- Competitive PTO policy; 11 paid holidays
- Employer paid Life/AD&D Insurance
- Employee paid Dental and Vision insurance
- Employee paid Supplemental Insurances; Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401K - 4% match, vested after 1 year
- Family culture; servant leadership
- Flexible work hours, (position dependent)
- Promotion opportunities
All openings are subject to change without notice, due to the volume of applications/resumes received, we are unable to respond to status inquiries. Please be assured that your information is being properly handled and forwarded to the appropriate hiring staff. If your skills and qualifications meet the needs of the job, you will be contacted. If attaching a cover letter, please combine resume and letter in same pdf before uploading.
Pay: from $21/hour
Job Status: Full Time